Zucchini with Grana Padano
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 60 g Italissima Grana Padano finely grated
- 2 Large onions, sliced and roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italissima Olive Oil (plus Italssima Extra Olive Oil, for drizzling)
- 600 g Zucchini
- 4 slices Pancetta
- 1 slice White bread
- 1 sprig rosemary or 1 sprig thyme, plucked
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Add olive oil to pan and once it is heated, sauté the onions and garlic until they have softened, then place them in a large ovenproof dish.
- Cut the top and bottom from each of the zucchini, slice them lengthways and place them, slightly overlapping the slices, on top of the onions and garlic; layer the pancetta on top of the zucchini.
- Process the bread, rosemary and grana padano in a food processor; when combined, sprinkle the mixture over the zucchini and pancetta.
- Drizzle a little oil over the top layer of the dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
Zucchini with Grana Padano Recipe