Tree fruit cobbler and Brie
- 2 apples, peeled and quartered
- 2 peaches or nectarines, peeled and quartered
- 2 pears, peeled and quartered
- 2 plums, peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mediterranean Gourmet Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Merchants Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 star anise
- 2 cups (500 mL) unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Italissima Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cold butter
- 1¼ cups (310 mL) milk
- 6 oz (180 g) Italissima Brie, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425oF (220oC).
- In a large baking dish, mix fruit with ¼ cup (60 ml) brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and star anise.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine dry ingredients with ⅓ cup (75 ml) brown sugar.
- Add cold butter and cut into dry ingredients using a fork, until a fine granular texture is obtained.
- Stir in milk until well combined.
- Remove fruit from oven, discard star anise and arrange Brie slices evenly over fruit.
- Place spoonfuls of dough on top of Brie and continue baking in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.