Mascarpone and Pink Grapefruit Verrines
A combination of Mascarpone and Greek yogurt adds silky smoothness to this elegantly simple six-ingredient dessert.
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ cup (60 mL) raw sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pink grapefruit juice
- 5 oz (150 g) Italissima Mascarpone
- 1 cup (250 mL) fat-free vanilla Greek-style yogurt
- 2 cups (500 mL) store-bought angel food cake, cut into cubes
- 2 cups (500 mL) pink grapefruit segments (membrane removed)
- In a saucepan, mix sugar and grapefruit juice. Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes to obtain a syrup. Cool at room temperature.
- Using an electric mixer, whip Mascarpone and add yogurt.
- Divide angel food cake among 8 verrines or small glasses.
- Cover with half of Mascarpone cream, add grapefruit, then cover with remaining Mascarpone cream.
- Top with grapefruit syrup and reserve in the refrigerator until ready to serve.